New divers are invited to earn a scuba diving certification on Maui! PADI Open Water Diver is the most elected beginner scuba diving certification around the world.
- Entry-level scuba certification
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Maximum depth: 40 feet
- Photos available for additional $60
- PADI E-learning or PADI manual extra fee
- Your cost includes all scuba equipment
PLEASE NOTE: Non-certified divers must complete a medical statement confirming good health for diving. You must be able to answer “NO” to each of the questions on the form. A “yes” answer will require and medical release from your doctor.
- Preview medical questionnaire here
Maui Scuba Diving Lessons
- Many beginner divers want to earn their scuba diving certification while visiting Maui. However, sometimes guests do not have multiple days for scuba diving lessons. So, when your time is limited and you want an alternative to the full PADI Open Water Diver certification, then this PADI Scuba Diver certification is your best option.
- This beginner course forever makes you a scuba diver, while still allowing for plenty of time to appreciate Maui’s stunning coral reefs. In just one to two days you’ll earn a PADI Scuba Diver certification. A rating which allows you to dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor (or Assistant Instructor) to a maximum depth of 40 feet.
- The Scuba Diver certification consists of three sections. First, you will complete chapters 1, 2, and 3 in the PADI Open Water manual and take three quizzes. Second, you practice skills in shallow water and on the surface to improve your confidence as a scuba diver. Finally, the third section focuses on two training dives. The minimum age is 10 years old for this Maui scuba certification course.
- You need no previous scuba diving experience necessary to earn your PADI Scuba Diver certification. So get excited to begin your scuba adventure with Banyan Tree Divers Scuba. You are about to become a member of the scuba diving community.
- The next step is PADI Open Water Diver certification.
PADI Scuba Diver
- Mornings are the best time for good visibility underwater, so the course begins at 9 a.m. The exact dive site is chosen the afternoon before our diving day and emailed to all guests. You will review the PADI Scuba Diver academic theory and make a total of two dives. Your course finishes around 4pm.
If you prefer to certify over two days, please call us to schedule.