Learn to dive on Maui by taking the most popular dive course in the world! Your PADI Open Water Diver license is the scuba diving passport you need to dive independently all around…
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Entry-level scuba certification: 1-day course
- Scuba diving Lahaina
- Easy shore diving entry & exit
- Equipment rental included
- Maximum depth: 40ft
- Certification valid for life
- PADI E-learning or PADI manual requires an extra fee
- Photography packages available
PLEASE NOTE: It is a requirement when scuba diving Maui, that all non-certified divers complete a medical statement confirming good health for diving. You must be able to answer “NO” to each of the questions on the form. A “yes” answer will require and medical release from your doctor.
Preview the medical questionnaire.
Maui Scuba Diving Lessons
Many beginner divers want to earn their scuba diving certification while visiting Maui. However, sometimes guests do not have multiple days for scuba diving lessons. So, when your time is limited and you want an alternative to the full PADI Open Water Diver certification, then the PADI Scuba Diver program is your best option.
Scuba diving is rated as one of the best Maui activities, so the PADI Scuba Diver license allows you to get certified as a diver and experience Maui diving, but without taking a big chunk out of your vacation time. The PADI Scuba Diver course certifies you dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor (or Assistant Instructor) to a maximum depth of 40ft.
The PADI Scuba Diver certification consists of three sections.
- First, you will complete chapters 1, 2, and 3 in the PADI Open Water Diver manual and take three quizzes.
- Second, you practice skills in shallow water and on the surface to improve your confidence as a scuba diver.
- Finally, one of our experienced and professional instructor team will take you on two training dives where you will complete your skill evaluations and see some of Maui’s best diving sites and marine life at the same time.
Your PADI Scuba Diver qualification is recognized globally and valid for your lifetime. So once completed you will be forever a member of the scuba diving community!
PADI Scuba Diver Course Logistics
Mornings are the best time for good visibility underwater, so we like to meet at 9am to begin your course. We monitor the conditions and email you the exact dive site location the day before in order to offer you the best Maui diving experience possible. You will review the PADI Scuba Diver academic theory with your instructor and make a total of two dives, finishing up around 4pm.
We typically run the course over 1 day, but if you prefer to certify over two days, please contact us and we’ll happily discuss an alternative schedule. Our Maui dive company is set up to offer you maximum convenience. We simply meet you with our scuba van at the beach, gear up, and walk into the ocean. The Banyan Tree Divers dive van is easy to spot. It’s a big, white cargo van!
No previous diving experience is necessary, so book today and start getting excited about your Maui dive training with us here at Banyan Tree Divers. You can contact us by email to arrange your schedule, and read more about Banyan Tree Divers in our ‘about’ pages. Don’t forget to check the details for the full PADI Open Water Diver course – we’re sure you’ll love diving with us and want to do more!