Discover Scuba Diving in Lahaina, Maui
Nowadays, scuba diving is a recreational activity. The intro to scuba diving in Maui serves to popularize the scuba diving sport and teach people about the wonders of exploring a new and exciting world. Even though scuba diving is a leisure sport, it still takes a little bit of knowledge to master. Scuba lessons with Banyan Tree Divers Maui will properly introduce you to the underwater world safely and comfortably while having tons of fun!
Intro to Scuba Diving Tips
- Rent reliable scuba gear and know how to use it.
- Stay in average physical conditioning since this is a somewhat demanding activity compared to warming-up the couch.
- Be situationally aware of Maui’s marine life and avoid minor incidents like stumbling over coral or hurting yourself during an underwater wreck dive like Mala Wharf.
- Relax and control your emotions.
- Control your buoyancy using the “lungs and legs” method.
- Focus on learning all of the new information from your PADI instructor.
Explore the Ocean in Maui
Although we have mapped 100 percent of the ocean floor, we have only explored 5 percent of its terrain. Indeed, 95 percent of the world’s oceans are unexplored, so there is plenty to be discovered in the depths of the oceanic abyss. A study published in 2015 showed that scientists know of more than 228,450 marine species in existence today. Add to that the fact that over 3 million shipwrecks are teeming with marine life and forming complex underwater ecosystems, and you can find new scuba diving adventures for years. Start today with this introductory dive in Maui!