Learn to scuba dive on Maui by taking the most popular dive course in the world! Your PADI Open Water certification is the scuba diving passport you need to dive independently worldwide.
- Minimum age ten years old
- Entry-level scuba certification
- 1-day course in Lahaina
- Certification valid for life
- Rental equipment included
- Maximum depth to 40 feet
- Extra fee for PADI e-Learning or PADI manual
- Photography package available
PLEASE NOTE: It is a requirement when scuba diving in Maui that all non-certified divers complete a medical statement confirming good health. On the medical questionnaire, you must answer “NO” to each of the questions. A “YES” answer for any medical question will require a release from your doctor before scuba diving on Maui.
Preview the medical questionnaire.
Beginner Scuba Course in Maui
Learning to scuba dive and completing your PADI scuba certification course is rated as one of the best Maui activities. So with the PADI Scuba Diver course, you will experience Maui scuba diving lessons without committing too much vacation time. When you become a new PADI Scuba Diver, the certification does require that you always dive under the direct supervision of a PADI Instructor (or Assistant Instructor) to a maximum depth of 40 feet.
Many beginner divers visit Maui to get a PADI scuba diving certification. However, sometimes your vacation doesn’t allow for multiple days of scuba diving lessons. So, the design of this 1-day certification is the best option when your Maui vacation time is limited or you are looking for an alternative to the multi-day PADI Open Water Diver course.
The PADI Scuba Diver certification consists of 3 sections:
- The first section focuses on learning PADI academics. Before beginning your course, you will need to complete chapters 1, 2, and 3 in the PADI Open Water Diver manual and pass all three quizzes.
- The second section covers confined water skills. You get to practice skills in the warm, calm Maui ocean both underwater and on the surface. Scuba skills quickly help to improve your confidence as a new scuba diver.
- Finally, the third section involves two training dives. One of our experienced and professional PADI instructors will take you on two training dives to complete your skill evaluations and see some of the best Maui diving sites.
This Maui scuba certification course is recognized globally and valid for your lifetime. So once completed, you will forever be a member of the scuba diving community!
What to Expect for Your PADI Scuba Diver Course
Mornings are the best time for excellent visibility underwater, so we like to meet for your course at 9 am. We monitor the conditions and email you the exact dive site location the day before to offer you the best Maui diving experience possible. You will review the PADI Scuba Diver academic theory with your instructor and make a total of two dives, finishing up around 4 pm. We typically run the course over one day, but if you prefer to certify over two days, please contact us, and we’ll happily discuss an alternative schedule.
Our Maui dive company set up offers you maximum convenience. We meet you with our scuba van at the beach, gear up, and walk into the ocean. The Banyan Tree Divers van is easy to spot. It’s a big, white cargo van!
No previous diving experience is necessary, so book now and start getting excited about your Maui scuba certification courses with us at Banyan Tree Divers. You can contact us by email to arrange your schedule and read more about Banyan Tree Divers in our ‘About Us’ section. Don’t forget to check the details for the full PADI Open Water Diver course – we’re sure you will love diving with us and want to go further eventually!