Maui scuba diving for beginners. All new divers start their scuba journey with an Introductory Dive to 40 feet max. Explore Maui underwater by taking your first breaths with Banyan Tree Divers.
- Scuba diving in Lahaina
- Small groups
- West Maui beach diving
- Photos available for additional fee
- Uncrowded dive sites
- Cost includes all dive equipment
Certified Shore Dive in West Maui
- Join Banyan Tree Divers Scuba for a shore dive on Maui. Your dive instructor tailors a guided dive plan for you to explore dive sites in Lahaina, Kaanapali, and Kapalua. This option is for certified divers.
- Maui’s exquisite coral reefs and underwater lava formations make it one of the most incredible guided dive destinations in the United States. A shore dive in Lahaina has something to entice and inspire every kind of certified diver, because most of Maui’s marine life resides in less than 40 feet of water.
- These perfect dive conditions create memorable underwater moments. Divers often see Hawaiian turtles cruising the reef and sometimes get to encounter spotted eagle rays. On rare occasions, a pod of passing spinner dolphins visit at Kahekili Reef in Kaanapali. Experienced divers looking for extra adventure get to dive the stunning man-made formations of Mala Pier in Lahaina. A personalized series of quality dive photos and videos are available for every one of our Maui dives, as well as camera rentals.
Certified Dive Logistics
- Mornings are the best time for good visibility underwater, so most dives meet at 9 a.m. The exact dive site is chosen the afternoon before our diving day and emailed to all guests. We like to offer two dives. A second dive allows us to explore the entirety of a large dive site or visit a different site. Each additional tank costs just $79. When making two dives, we finish up around lunch time.
- Quality underwater photos and videos will be available for an additional fee.