After completing the Open Water Diver certification, many divers choose to explore various specialty dives the advanced scuba world has to offer.
- Experience the excitement of being a Rescue Diver
- Pre-Requisite: EFR valid within 24 months
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Learn to manage emergency situations
- Build confidence in your diving abilities
- E-learning or PADI manual extra fee
- Cost includes all dive equipment
Maui Rescue Diver Certification
- The PADI Rescue Diver certification is rewarding and a crucial step forward in scuba diver training. Earning your Rescue Diver certification with Banyan Tree Divers builds confidence in your diving skills, while bringing you closer to achieving professional status. Banyan Tree Divers conducts this course over two days, practicing multiple dive scenarios per day. We advise our divers to complete all Knowledge Review questions beforehand.
- By completing the Rescue Diver certification you learn how to manage different scuba emergencies through dive theory, training exercises, and rescue scenarios. Dive theory is comprised of two academic sessions, coupled with independent study. The 10 in-water training exercises are practiced on the surface and underwater. We like to practice these training exercises repeatedly, until our divers feel relaxed and confident with every skill.
- Ultimately, each of the 10 exercises are evaluated during two comprehensive rescue scenarios. Banyan Tree Divers’ assistants helps to create realistic emergency events during your rescue scenarios, making your experience true to life and memorable.
PADI Rescue Diver
- We like to meet in the morning at the dive site location. Most often 9 a.m. is a great time to begin. The exact dive site is chosen the evening before our diving day. The Banyan Tree Divers dive van is easy to spot. It’s a big, white cargo van. For Rescue Diver certification we often finish each day around 4 p.m.