One of the best Maui activities is learning to scuba dive and getting your PADI certification. So this 1-day course for beginner scuba divers is designed to fit your Maui vacation.
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- 2-day course for scuba certification
- Maui scuba diving lessons
- Rental equipment included
- Certification valid for life
- PADI E-learning or PADI manual requires an extra fee
PLEASE NOTE: It is a requirement when scuba diving Maui, that all non-certified divers complete a medical statement confirming good health for diving. You must be able to answer “NO” to each of the questions on the form. A “yes” answer will require and medical release from your doctor.
Preview the medical questionnaire.
PADI Open Water Diver on Maui
Come and experience the beautiful underwater world and get scuba certified with the best Maui dive shop! The PADI Open Water Diver course is the most elected beginner scuba diving certification in the world, and becoming a PADI Open Water Diver certifies you to dive with a buddy, independent of professional supervision, to a maximum depth of 60 feet.
Your course divides into three distinct sections:
- First, the PADI Open Water Diver manual has five chapters of dive theory. You complete the Knowledge Review Questions at the end of each chapter. The book can be purchased on Amazon or at your local dive shop. During your course, you will focus on reviewing the Knowledge Review Questions, take four quizzes, and finish up with the multiple-choice final exam. If you want to get the most out of your vacation by studying in advance, PADI E-Learning offers a way to complete the entire academic portion before you arrive on Maui to dive. We highly recommend this option, as it allows us to maximize your time in the water.
- The second section of the PADI Open Water Diver course is practicing skills in shallow water and on the surface. Scuba diving skill practice teaches you to trust your equipment and how to handle any unlikely emergency without panic.
- The third section focuses on your four open water training dives, where you will practice buoyancy control and respect for the marine environment.
This qualification is internationally recognized and valid for life! By earning your certification, you will become part of a fantastic scuba diving community, and there’s no better place to learn than right here with our dive company. Maui’s stunning underwater views and an array of beautiful marine life make it the ideal location to earn your license and join the scuba tribe!
Maui Diving Logistics
We like to meet in the morning at the selected dive site location at 9 am. The specific dive site is chosen the evening before our diving day and emailed to you. This way, we can select the best Maui diving sites for your course based on conditions. We make two dives per day, meaning you will finish around 4 pm.
Our Maui dive company setup offers you maximum convenience. We simply meet you with our scuba van at the beach, gear up, walk into the ocean. The Banyan Tree Divers dive van is white and easy to spot! We will agree on the sites for the second day with you in person after your first two dives, so you know where to meet us.
So get excited to begin your Maui diving education with Banyan Tree Divers! Book now, or contact us by email. You can read more about Banyan Tree Divers in our ‘About’ pages, or check out your next course, PADI Advanced Open Water Diver!