This beginner course will forever make you a scuba diver, while still allowing for plenty of time to appreciate Maui’s stunning coral reefs.
- Scuba certification no Maui in two days
- Experience four scuba dives
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Small groups
- Easy shore diving entry & exit
- Certification good for life
- PADI E-learning or PADI manual extra fee
- Cost includes all equipment
PLEASE NOTE: Non-certified divers must complete a medical statement confirming good health for diving. You must be able to answer “NO” to each of the questions on the form. A “yes” answer will require and medical release from your doctor.
- Preview medical questionnaire here
Scuba Diving Certification Maui
- New divers are invited to earn a scuba diving certification on Maui! PADI Open Water Diver is the most elected beginner scuba diving certification around the world. Becoming an Open Water Diver certifies you to a maximum depth of 60 feet, independent of professional supervision. This qualification is internationally recognized at any dive center and valid for life! Maui’s stunning underwater views make it an ideal location to earn your PADI Open Water Diver certification.
- Scuba diving certification on Maui is comprised of three distinct sections. First, the PADI Open Water book has five chapters of dive theory. You complete the Knowledge Review Questions at the end of each chapter. The booked can be purchased on Amazon or at your local dive shop. During your course you will focus on reviewing the Knowledge Review Questions, take four quizzes, and finish up with the multiple-choice final exam.
- PADI offers a way to complete the entire academic portion before arriving on Maui through PADI E-Learning. Maximize your valuable vacation time with this thorough and helpful option.
- We highly recommend that you complete the academic portion of the course on your own time, prior to your first diving day with Banyan Tree Divers Scuba. This allows us to maximize time in the water.
- The second section of the Open Water Diver course is practicing skills in shallow water and on the surface. Scuba diving skill practice teaches you to trust your equipment and how to handle any unlikely emergency without panic.
- The third section focuses on your four open water training dives where you will practice buoyancy control and respect for the marine environment.
- So get excited to begin your dive adventure with Banyan Tree Divers Scuba. By earning your certification, you are about to become apart of the scuba diving community, and what better place to learn to scuba dive than West Maui?
PADI Open Water Dive Plan
- We like to meet in the morning at the selected dive site location at 9am. The exact dive site is chosen the evening before our diving day. The Banyan Tree Divers dive van is easy to spot. It’s a big, white cargo van. We make two dives per day, often finishing up around 4 p.m.
- Banyan Tree Divers Scuba maintains a 48-hour cancellation policy. A purchased dive course with Banyan Tree Divers Scuba is a binding contract. Refunds will not be issued upon incompletion of the course.
- We thank you for your understanding and consideration.