Become a certified diver on Maui with this short beginner course which provides you with basic scuba skills and an insight into Maui’s stunning coral reefs and marine life.
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- Entry-level scuba certification – 2-day course
- Scuba diving Lahaina
- Easy shore diving entry & exit
- Equipment rental included
- Certification valid for life
- PADI E-learning or PADI manual requires an extra fee
PLEASE NOTE: It is a requirement when scuba diving Maui, that all non-certified divers complete a medical statement confirming good health for diving. You must be able to answer “NO” to each of the questions on the form. A “yes” answer will require and medical release from your doctor.
Preview the medical questionnaire.
Your Scuba Diving Certification on Maui
Come and experience the wonderful underwater world and get scuba certified with the best Maui dive shop! The PADI Open Water Diver course is the most elected beginner scuba diving certification in the world, and becoming a PADI Open Water Diver certifies you to dive with a buddy, independent of professional supervision, to a maximum depth of 60ft.
Your course is comprised of three distinct sections:
- First, the PADI Open Water Diver manual has five chapters of dive theory. You complete the Knowledge Review Questions at the end of each chapter. The book can be purchased on Amazon or at your local dive shop. During your course, you will focus on reviewing the Knowledge Review Questions, take four quizzes, and finish up with the multiple-choice final exam. If you want to get the most out of your vacation by studying in advance, PADI E-Learning offers a way to complete the entire academic portion before you arrive on Maui to dive. We highly recommend this option, as it allows us to maximize your time in the water.
- The second section of the PADI Open Water Diver course is practicing skills in shallow water and on the surface. Scuba diving skill practice teaches you to trust your equipment and how to handle any unlikely emergency without panic.
- The third section focuses on your four open water training dives where you will practice buoyancy control and respect for the marine environment.
This qualification is internationally recognized and valid for life! By earning your certification, you will become part of an amazing scuba diving community, and there’s no better place to learn than right here with our dive company. Maui’s stunning underwater views and an array of beautiful marine life make it the ideal location to earn your license and join the scuba tribe!
PADI Open Water Diver Course Logistics
We like to meet in the morning at the selected dive site location at 9am. The exact dive site is chosen the evening before our diving day and will be emailed to you. This way we can select the best Maui diving sites for your course based on conditions. We make two dives per day, so you will finish around 4pm.
Our Maui dive company is set up to offer you maximum convenience. We simply meet you with our scuba van at the beach, gear up, walk into the ocean. The Banyan Tree Divers dive van is easy to spot. It’s a big, white cargo van! We’ll agree on the sites for the second day with you in person after your first two dives so you know where to meet us.
So get excited to begin your Maui diving education with Banyan Tree Divers! Book now, or contact us by email. You can read more about Banyan Tree Divers in our ‘about’ pages, or check out your next course – PADI Advanced Open Water Diver program!