Hone your dive skills and become rescue ready with this rewarding course. Previous customers tell us it’s the best scuba diving course they’ve ever taken!
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Build your confidence
- Injury and illness assessment
- Primary care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid)
- Price does not include EFR manual
Emergency First Response (EFR) Certification
Emergency First Response training with Banyan Tree Divers focuses on building your confidence as a rescuer and increasing your willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency. The course provides you with great skills to have in general and is a prerequisite to enrolling in the PADI Rescue Diver course and also onto any professional level dive training such as the PADI Divemaster program. So if the goal of your Maui diving activities is to get rescue certified or go pro, then this EFR certification is a must.
EFR course participants actively learn different aspects of emergency care and practice applying skills in a non-stressful environment. All Emergency First Response training courses are supported by a self-study manual, video, and quick reference card to enhance learning and provide you with the confidence to rescue victims. The course comprises two main sections:
- Primary Care (CPR) – You’ll learn the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, could be in shock, or who may have serious bleeding. You learn how to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and monitor a patient so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services are sometimes delayed or unavailable, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
Emergency First Response Training Logistics
The Emergency First Response course begins at 9 am and takes 4 hours to complete. Banyan Tree Divers is a mobile Maui dive shop, so we can be flexible when choosing your learning environment. As such this course may be conducted at a beach park or your Lahaina hotel room. We will need space to conduct multiple training scenarios, but outside of that, the location can be pretty much anywhere.
No previous experience is required. This is a great course for non-divers and scuba divers alike, so it’s something an entire family can get involved in. Book now or contact us to arrange a schedule that fits in with your vacations and other Maui scuba diving plans!