- $129 guided scooter dive
- For certified divers
- Use a lightweight ScubaJet
- Meet at the beach
- Rental equipment included
- $79 for 2nd tank guided dive
- Photography package available
PLEASE NOTE: Scooter diving is for certified scuba divers with recent underwater experience. Please confirm with us that you have been scuba diving within the past 6 months because this Scooter Dive requires excellent buoyancy control, and you will be liable for any damage to your rental ScubaJet device. If you have not been scuba diving recently, we suggest starting with a Scuba Review or Guided Shore Dive. Then you can still reserve a ScubaJet for your second dive of the morning.
- From :
- $ 129
Scooter Diving in Maui
Upgrade your Maui scuba diving experience to a guided Scooter Dive in Lahaina! Banyan Tree Divers Maui has the newest and lightest sea scooter on the market, so you no longer need to lug around a 40-pound scooter. Instead, you can use a ScubaJet, which weighs only 10 pounds! The eco-friendly ScubaJet engine is based on an emission-free motor, using impeller technology to help you reach up to 7 miles per hour (MPH). This impressive Diver Propulsion Vehicle (DPV) showcases the next generation in scooter diving.
Get ready to take your scuba diving to the next level with this unforgettable Maui diving experience. Our Scooter Dive in Maui helps you explore a large dive site, providing the opportunity to see more sea life! Shore diving sites in Lahaina can extend vast distances along the coastline. You will feel like James Bond with your ScubaJet, gliding through the water, looking for turtles and spotted eagle rays. There is no better way to see Maui underwater with minimal effort!
You can share your Scooter Dive in Maui with friends and family. Photos and videos of your dives with us are available for purchase on your reservation form during checkout.
What to Expect for Your Scooter Dive
Banyan Tree Divers Maui guarantees you the best Maui scuba diving experience by monitoring local weather conditions to choose a specific dive site. The day before our scheduled Scooter Dive, we will email you by 4 pm to confirm the dive site’s details and directions.
Our mobile Maui dive shop organizes every morning dive tour to offer you maximum convenience during your vacation. Mornings are the best time for excellent visibility underwater, so we meet at 9 am. You will see our scuba van at the beach, where we will gear up after a safety briefing and walk into the ocean.
We like to provide two dives per trip, so if you book a second dive, expect to finish at 1 pm. While battery life does not allow us to offer two consecutive scooter trips, you can visit a new spot in Lahaina or Kaanapali by adding a guided shore dive for $79. During checkout, make sure to select this option on your reservation form.
A high-quality photography package is available for $60 when booking online through our dive shop. Maui scuba diving photos and videos are a trendy add-on, so Banyan Tree Divers Maui uses an excellent underwater camera to capture your best moments underwater. As a bonus, your second guided dive also gets included in this photography package.
Scooter Dive Safety Tips
- Cautiously Descend and Ascend – It takes time for scuba divers to become familiar with the addition of a negatively buoyant device. So for safety, use a little less weight than expected, make slow adjustments to your buoyancy, and avoid rapid descents and ascents by always anticipating your next steps.
- Stay With Your Guide – It is immensely important to maintain visual contact with your professional dive guide. Your Maui Scooter Dive can be distracting because the ScubaJet sounds loud underwater, and you travel much faster. Stay extra aware of your surroundings and never let anything separate you from your dive guide.
- Avoid Touching the Ocean Floor – Maneuvering your scooter too close to the ocean floor will stir up sand, disturb marine life, and cloud visibility. So practice proper buoyancy control to protect both the underwater environment and your ScubaJet.
Book online to reserve your Scooter Dive in Maui with us! You can also contact us by email, read more about our mobile dive shop in Lahaina, and sign up for your PADI Advanced Open Water Diver course.