- $129 guided scooter dive
- For certified divers
- ScubaJet is lightweight!
- Meet at the beach
- Rental equipment included
- Photography package available
PLEASE NOTE: Scooter diving is for certified scuba divers with recent underwater experience. Please confirm with us that you have been scuba diving within the past 6 months because this Scooter Dive requires excellent buoyancy control, and you will be liable for any damage to your rental ScubaJet device. If you have not been scuba diving recently, we suggest starting with a Scuba Review or Guided Shore Dive. Then you can still reserve a ScubaJet for your second dive of the morning.
- From :
- $ 129
Maui Scooter Diving
Upgrade your Maui scuba diving experience to a guided Scooter Dive! Banyan Tree Divers Maui has the newest and lightest sea scooter on the market, so you no longer need to lug around a 40-pound scooter. Instead, use a ScubaJet that weighs only 10 pounds! The eco-friendly ScubaJet engine is based on an emission-free motor, using impeller technology to help you reach up to 7 miles per hour (MPH). This impressive Diver Propulsion Vehicle (DPV) showcases the next generation in scooter diving.
Our Maui Scooter Dive helps you explore a large dive site, providing the opportunity to see more sea life! Maui shore dive sites can extend vast distances along the coastline. What better way to see the topography with minimal effort? You will feel like James Bond gliding through the water, looking for turtles and spotted eagle rays.
Get ready to take your diving to the next level with this unforgettable Maui scuba diving experience. Photos and videos of your dive are made available so that you can share your Maui Scooter Dive with friends and family.
What to Expect for Your Scooter Dive
Banyan Tree Divers Maui guarantees you the best Maui scuba diving experience by monitoring local weather conditions to choose a specific dive site. The day before our scheduled Scooter Dive, we will email you by 4 pm to confirm the dive site’s details and directions.
Our mobile Maui dive shop organizes every morning dive tour to offer you maximum convenience during your vacation. Mornings are the best time for excellent visibility underwater, so we meet at 9 am. You will see our scuba van at the beach, where we will gear up after a safety briefing and walk into the ocean.
We like to provide two dives per trip, so if you book a second dive, expect to finish at 1 pm. While battery life does not allow us to offer two consecutive scooter trips, you can visit a new spot in Lahaina or Kaanapali by selecting a Guided Shore Dive for $79.
A high-quality photography package is available to purchase for $60 when booking through our dive shop. Maui scuba diving photos and videos are a trendy add-on, so Banyan Tree Divers uses an excellent underwater camera to capture your best moments underwater. As a bonus, your second-morning dive would also be included in this package.
Maui Scooter Dive Safety Tips
- Cautiously Descend and Ascend – It takes time for scuba divers to become familiar with the addition of a negatively buoyant device. So for safety, use a little less weight than normal, make slow adjustments to your buoyancy, and avoid rapid descents and ascents by always anticipating your next steps.
- Stay With Your Guide – It is immensely important to maintain visual contact with your professional dive guide. Your Maui Scooter Dive can be distracting because the ScubaJet sounds loud underwater, and you travel much faster. Stay extra aware of your surroundings and never let anything separate you from your dive guide.
- Avoid Touching the Ocean Floor – Maneuvering your scooter too close to the ocean floor will stir up sand, disturb marine life, and cloud visibility. So practice good buoyancy control to protect both the underwater environment and your ScubaJet.