One of the best Maui activities is learning to scuba dive and getting your PADI certification. So this 1-day course for beginner scuba divers is designed to fit your Maui vacation.
- Minimum age: 10 years old
- 2-day course on Maui
- PADI scuba certification course
- Rental equipment included
- Certification valid for life
- PADI E-learning or PADI manual requires an extra fee
PLEASE NOTE: It is a safety requirement for Maui scuba diving that all non-certified guests complete a medical questionnaire confirming good health. After reading each question on the form, you must be able to answer “NO” every time. Any “YES” answers will require a medical release from your doctor before you may scuba dive.
Most Popular Maui Scuba Certification Course
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the most popular scuba diving certification in the world! Beginners can get scuba certified with our Maui dive shop to experience the island underwater. Your scuba certification course provides the training for you and a buddy to dive independent of professional supervision. The maximum depth limit is 60 feet for this certification.
The course divides into three distinct sections:
- The first section we call dive theory. The PADI Open Water Diver manual uses five chapters to cover how, for example, physics relates to scuba diving. You complete the Knowledge Review Questions at the end of each chapter and apply that knowledge to the upcoming quizzes. The manual can be purchased online (Amazon) or at your favorite local dive shop. During your course, you will focus on reviewing the Knowledge Review Questions, take four quizzes, and finish up with the multiple-choice final exam. If you want to get the most out of your vacation by studying in advance, PADI E-Learning offers a way to complete the entire academic portion before you arrive on Maui to dive. We highly recommend this option, as it allows us to maximize your time in the water.
- The second section of the PADI Open Water Diver course is practicing skills in shallow water and on the surface. Scuba diving skill practice teaches you to trust your equipment and how to handle any unlikely emergency without panic.
- The third section focuses on your four open water training dives, where you will practice using buoyancy control to show respect for the marine environment. You will also learn how to safely plan and execute a successful dive profile.
This qualification is internationally recognized and valid for life! By earning your scuba diving certification, you will become part of a fantastic community. There’s no better place to learn than right here with our Maui dive shop. The stunning underwater views and marine life surrounding Maui make it the ideal location to get your license. Join the scuba tribe!
PADI Open Water Diver Logistics
We like to meet in the morning at the selected dive site location at 9 am. The specific dive site is chosen the evening before our diving day and emailed to you. This way, we can select the best Maui diving sites for your scuba certification course based on conditions. We make two dives per day, meaning you will finish around 4 pm.
Our Maui dive company setup offers you maximum convenience. We simply meet you with our scuba van at the beach, gear up, walk into the ocean. The Banyan Tree Divers dive van is white and easy to spot! We will agree on the sites for the second day with you in person after your first two dives, so you know where to meet us.
So get excited to begin your Maui scuba diving education with us! Book now online, contact us by email or read more about Banyan Tree Divers in our ‘About’ pages. You can also check out your next course, PADI Advanced Open Water Diver!