One of the best Maui activities is learning to scuba dive and getting your PADI certification. So this 1-day course for beginner scuba divers is designed to fit your Maui vacation.
- Minimum age 10 years old
- 2-day course in Maui
- PADI scuba certification course
- Rental equipment included
- Certification valid for life
- PADI E-learning or PADI manual requires an extra fee
PLEASE NOTE: It is a safety requirement for Maui scuba diving that all non-certified guests complete a MEDICAL QUESTIONNAIRE confirming good health. You must be able to answer “NO” to each question on the form. Any “YES” answer requires a medical release from your doctor before you may scuba dive. Please review this form before making your reservation if you, or anyone in your party, has a medical condition that could impede the ability to dive.
Popular Scuba Certification in Lahaina
The PADI Open Water Diver course is the most popular scuba diving certification in the world! Beginners can get scuba certified with our dive shop in Lahaina to experience Maui underwater. Your scuba certification provides the training for you and a buddy to dive independently of professional supervision. The maximum depth limit is 60 feet for this certification.
The course divides into three distinct sections:
- The first section we call dive theory. The PADI Open Water Diver manual uses five chapters that cover the physics and physiology of diving, safe diving practices, and techniques. If you want to get the most out of your vacation by studying in advance, PADI E-Learning offers a way to complete the entire academic portion before you arrive on Maui to dive. We highly recommend this option, as it allows us to maximize your time in the water. PADI E-Learning can be purchased directly throught the PADI website. Submit a copy of your Student E-Record upon completion of the final exam to [email protected]
- You get to practice scuba diving skills both at the surface and in shallow water during the second section of your PADI Open Water Diver course. These skills teach you to trust your equipment and how to handle any unlikely emergency without panic.
- The third section focuses on your four open water training dives, where you will practice using buoyancy control to show respect for the marine environment. You will also learn how to plan and execute a successful dive profile safely.
This qualification is internationally recognized and valid for life! By earning your scuba diving certification, you will become part of a fantastic community. There’s no better place to learn than right here with our Maui dive shop. The stunning underwater views and marine life surrounding Maui make it the ideal location to get your license. Join the scuba tribe!
What to Expect for Your PADI Open Water Course
You will begin at our headquarters in Lahaina at 8:30am. After a briefing about the dives and getting fitted for your equipment, you will drive to the pre-selected dive site. Please let us know if you will not have a rental car. The specific dive site is chosen the evening before our diving day. This way, we can select the best Maui diving sites for your scuba certification course based on conditions. We make two dives per day, meaning you will finish around 4 pm.
Our mobile dive company setup offers you maximum convenience during your vacation. We show up at the dive site ready to get in the water. The diving sites for the second day of your course are arranged with you in person after your first two dives. So get excited to begin your Maui scuba diving education with us! Please book your course online now, contact us by email, or read more about our dive shop in Lahaina. You can also check out your next adventure, PADI Advanced Open Water Diver!