Hone your dive skills and become rescue ready with this rewarding course. Previous customers tell us it’s the best scuba diving course they’ve ever taken!
- Minimum age: 12 years old
- Build your confidence
- Injury and illness assessment
- Primary care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid)
- Price does not include EFR manual
Emergency First Response (EFR) Certification
Emergency First Response training with Banyan Tree Divers focuses on building your confidence as a rescuer. The course increases your willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency and provides you with easy to recall rescue skills. It is a prerequisite to enrolling in the PADI Rescue Diver course, as well as any additional professional level dive training such as the PADI Divemaster program. So if the goal of your Maui diving activities is to get rescue certified or go pro, then this EFR certification is a must.
EFR course participants actively learn different aspects of emergency care and practice applying skills in a non-stressful environment. All Emergency First Response training courses are supported by a self-study manual, video, and quick reference card to enhance learning and provide you with the confidence to rescue victims. The course comprises two main sections:
- Primary Care (CPR) – You’ll learn the steps and techniques for handling life-threatening emergencies. You practice eight skills for aiding patients who aren’t breathing, have no heartbeat, may have a spinal injury, could be in shock, or who may have severe bleeding. You learn how to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and monitor a patient so that you provide every possible chance of survival while waiting for emergency medical services to arrive.
- Secondary Care (First Aid) – Because many medical conditions are not life-threatening and emergency medical services sometimes get delayed, this course teaches you how to provide first aid that eases pain and reduces the risk of further harm. You learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses and practice bandaging and splinting.
What to Expect for your EFR Course
The Emergency First Response course begins at 9 am and takes 4 hours to complete. Banyan Tree Divers is a mobile Maui dive shop, so we are flexible when choosing your learning environment. As such, this course gets conducted at a beach park or your Lahaina hotel room. We will need space to perform multiple training scenarios, but outside of that, the location can be pretty much anywhere.
During your Maui vacation, this is something your entire family can experience. No previous experience is required to take this course, making it is an excellent course for non-divers and scuba divers alike. Book now or contact us to arrange a schedule that fits in with your schedule and Maui scuba diving plans!