Hone your scuba diving skills to get rescue-ready with this rewarding PADI course! Please note, you already need an Advanced certification to sign up.
Emergency First Response
Learn Emergency First-Aid and CPR Techniques
- Minimum age 12 years old
- Build your self-confidence
- Injury and illness assessment
- Primary care (CPR) and Secondary Care (First Aid)
- Price does not include EFR manual
Emergency First Response (EFR) Course
Emergency First Response training with Banyan Tree Divers Maui focuses on building your confidence as a rescuer. The course increases your willingness to respond when faced with a medical emergency and provides you with easy to recall rescue skills. It is a prerequisite to beginning a PADI Rescue Diver course, plus any professional level training such as PADI Divemaster. So if your goal is to get rescue certified or even go pro, complete this EFR certification first!
EFR course participants actively learn emergency care skills. You practice applying these techniques in a non-stressful environment to gain confidence in your approach. All Emergency First Response training courses get supported by a self-study manual, video, and quick reference card. You combine these tools with your instructor’s guidance to find a powerful self-confidence for rescuing victims.
Your certification path comprises two main sections:
- Primary Care (CPR) teaches you essential, easy to recall techniques to handle life-threatening emergencies. We help you find confidence by practicing eight skills related to assisting victims who cannot breathe, lack a heartbeat, suffer a spinal injury, shock, or severe bleeding. In this section, you learn how to perform CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation) with a responsive dummy named Anne and skills to provide your victim with every possible chance of survival while awaiting emergency medical services.
- Secondary Care (First-Aid) teaches you how to provide patients First-Aid to ease their pain and reduce the risk of further harm. Many medical accidents are non-life-threatening, but in remote spots, so emergency medical services sometimes get delayed. Therefore you must learn to assess a variety of injuries and illnesses. Secondary Care wraps up with bandaging and splinting skills practice.
What to Expect for Your EFR Course
We begin your Emergency First Response course at 9 am, and it takes 4 hours to complete. Banyan Tree Divers Maui is a mobile Maui dive shop, so we conduct this course at a beach park or your Lahaina hotel room. We will need space to perform multiple training scenarios, but the location can be pretty much anywhere outside of that.
During your Maui vacation, this is something your entire family can experience. No previous experience is required to take this course, making it is an excellent course for non-divers and scuba divers alike. Contact us to make arrangements that fit your vacation schedule and Maui scuba diving plans!